SafeDater - age verification scam

review #178500

Here is a response I got to my Craigslist ad:

=====================================

Thanks for replying

here is a little about me I recently moved here and I'm looking for someone to have fun with. I have black hair with brown eyes and I always stay in shape.

I'm ok with trying new things as long as its safe.

anywayss, I think we will have a good time together, but because of the recent incidents that happened on craigslist I was a bid worried meeting someone online, there is a free service they will just check to make sure you are safe please don't take it personally, Its just the first time I foud someone online. and my friend did the same thing when she found her bf. she told me about the service. they use your credit card to verify if its really you but its free and itd free tey never charge you and takes just a second. after you complete it you will get access to my contact info , itwill show you my phone number too. you can see my pic there right now. here is the link http://snipurl.com/uiljs after you verify give me a call. so we can talk :)

bye, Olga

=====================================

The link (http://snipurl.com/uiljs) leads to http://www.safedater.org/15/sweetgirl5344 where you are asked to enter your credit card info for 'age verification'. But when you click to process the transaction you get a screen that says your credit card is no good for age verification... an obvious phishing scam. Also, the person's name on the email I got does not match the one on the verification site.

I quickly cancelled my card and will have a new one in a week or so, and have reported this to Craigslist. A followup report will also be submitted to Yahoo.

af8fac6
Had an experience with SafeDater?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Hotmail Zoeken

Dec 19, 2013

It will no longer remain to be doubted that the priests of Egypt and the sages of Greece have drawn directly from the original well of India, that it is to the banks of the Ganges and the Indus that our hearts feel drawn as by some hidden urge.
-Hotmail SignInZoeken

Sms140word

Dec 17, 2013

If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his language, that goes to his heart.
-Sms140word

sms-messages

Dec 15, 2013

When you feel cold and warm at the same time,
when you read over the same line for the tenth time,
when your heart and thoughts somehow appear to rhyme,
and when a simple name conquers your whole mind,
then you are in deep trouble my friend... you are in what they call, "love".
-sms-messages

Groupon-nl

Dec 11, 2013

Everybody knows how to love but few people know how to stay in love with one person forever.
-Groupon-nl

Inloggen op Facebook.nl

Dec 05, 2013

Is there anything more awkward than when you are singing along to a song on youtube and the music stops loading.
-Inloggen op Facebook.nl

Abnamro Inloggen

Dec 02, 2013 Surat, Gujarat

I imagine what would happen if everyone turned their regrets into wishes, went around shouting them.
Abnamro Inloggen

Mijn UWV Werkmap

Nov 29, 2013

“Oh, come with old Khayyàm, and leave the Wise
To talk; one thing is certain, that Life flies;
One thing is certain, and the Rest is Lies;
The Flower that once has blown forever dies.”
Mijn UWV Werkmap

Mijn Randstad

Nov 27, 2013

The child further inquired, "But tell me, here in heaven I don't have to do anything but sing and smile to be happy.
Mijn Randstad Inloggen

Ing Inloggen

Nov 24, 2013

Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes but don’t quit.
Mijn Ing Inloggen

Inloggen In

Oct 28, 2013

Without inspiration the best powers of the mind remain dormant. There is a fuel in us which needs to be ignited with sparks.
- Inloggen In

Home Login

Oct 24, 2013

Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresea, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, Albert Einstein, etc…
-Portail Orange

Oct 03, 2013 Surat, Gujarat

Get step by step explanation on Sign in trouble shooting and fix Login problems at the time of using various online services. Learn how to collect user information and new password after forget one. - Sign In

Craigslist Account

Sep 14, 2013 Surat, Gujarat

After all I got this interesting article, this is my hobby to surf on internet for various subjects. I notice this, only professional bloggers maintain quality of content. I am redirected here from delete craigslist account web page.

Jeff

Dec 10, 2010

Whenever I came up with a reply that tells me to go to a site for whatever reason I just ignore and put them on spam mail.

Strongly suggest you guys do the same.

RickO

Nov 30, 2010

Hey babe,
Thanks for the reply...I can't wait to meet up with you :). All I ask you to do is go to www.safestdates.com/brookebaby to verify you are real and safe like I already have.
It only takes a minute to complete the check, and when you finish you will be shown my full details page, with my phone number and address. Call my cell when you get it so we can get together soon :)
Btw, If I don't answer for some reason, you can come by tonight or tomorrow night since I'll be around...but you should be able to get a hold of me so we can meet up faster :)

Brooke

kb

Nov 25, 2010

Thanks for putting this info out there! I got a reply from Brooke9.Glad I read this first!

0 0 Reply
This site also uses craigslist

Nov 17, 2010

Once you respond to an ad (the usual fake ones) they send you a reply. I've had several with no return address or message. I was still able to figure out that safestdates.com sent the messages to me. Of course the safestdates site is what it is...b.s.

TJMOY

Nov 17, 2010 Leyte, Leyte

Wow I have been asked many times for this club membership and have always told them no way but tonight I was almost there until I said to myself after telling Brooke that I would NOT give myCC # to anyone she wrote back to me as though I never said anything to her and siad please do it for me and I can not wait to hook up with you, all the phrases used on the other guys were used (if you can't me me right away) etc. Boy am I happy that I did nopt give any information before checking with Google. Tommy

adidas shoes

Oct 29, 2010

The Adidas superstar program Adidas Originals was unique adidas shoes at the Adidas Running time cheap Adidas shoes for its Adidas Women ability to create Adidas Nizza graphics Adidas Porsche Design that could

1-20 of 33 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about SafeDater.
Filing a new complaint about
×