Here is a response I got to my Craigslist ad:

=====================================

Thanks for replying

here is a little about me I recently moved here and I'm looking for someone to have fun with. I have black hair with brown eyes and I always stay in shape.

I'm ok with trying new things as long as its safe.

anywayss, I think we will have a good time together, but because of the recent incidents that happened on craigslist I was a bid worried meeting someone online, there is a free service they will just check to make sure you are safe please don't take it personally, Its just the first time I foud someone online. and my friend did the same thing when she found her bf. she told me about the service. they use your credit card to verify if its really you but its free and itd free tey never charge you and takes just a second. after you complete it you will get access to my contact info , itwill show you my phone number too. you can see my pic there right now. here is the link http://snipurl.com/uiljs after you verify give me a call. so we can talk :)

bye, Olga

=====================================

The link (http://snipurl.com/uiljs) leads to http://www.safedater.org/15/sweetgirl5344 where you are asked to enter your credit card info for 'age verification'. But when you click to process the transaction you get a screen that says your credit card is no good for age verification... an obvious phishing scam. Also, the person's name on the email I got does not match the one on the verification site.

I quickly cancelled my card and will have a new one in a week or so, and have reported this to Craigslist. A followup report will also be submitted to Yahoo.

Had an Experience with SafeDater?

Comments

When you use safe dater you also automatically sign up on a *** site that charges credit card 49.99.

It will no longer remain to be doubted that the priests of Egypt and the sages of Greece have drawn directly from the original well of India, that it is to the banks of the Ganges and the Indus that our hearts feel drawn as by some hidden urge.

-Hotmail SignInZoeken

If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his language, that goes to his heart.

-Sms140word

When you feel cold and warm at the same time,

when you read over the same line for the tenth time,

when your heart and thoughts somehow appear to rhyme,

and when a simple name conquers your whole mind,

then you are in deep trouble my friend... you are in what they call, "love".

-sms-messages

Everybody knows how to love but few people know how to stay in love with one person forever.

-Groupon-nl

Is there anything more awkward than when you are singing along to a song on youtube and the music stops loading.

-Inloggen op Facebook.nl

Surat, Gujarat, India #751191

I imagine what would happen if everyone turned their regrets into wishes, went around shouting them.

Abnamro Inloggen

“Oh, come with old Khayyàm, and leave the Wise

To talk; one thing is certain, that Life flies;

One thing is certain, and the Rest is Lies;

The Flower that once has blown forever dies.”

Mijn UWV Werkmap

The child further inquired, "But tell me, here in heaven I don't have to do anything but sing and smile to be happy.

Mijn Randstad Inloggen

Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes but don’t quit.

Mijn Ing Inloggen