Here is a response I got to my Craigslist ad:
Thanks for replying
here is a little about me I recently moved here and I'm looking for someone to have fun with. I have black hair with brown eyes and I always stay in shape.
I'm ok with trying new things as long as its safe.
anywayss, I think we will have a good time together, but because of the recent incidents that happened on craigslist I was a bid worried meeting someone online, there is a free service they will just check to make sure you are safe please don't take it personally, Its just the first time I foud someone online. and my friend did the same thing when she found her bf. she told me about the service. they use your credit card to verify if its really you but its free and itd free tey never charge you and takes just a second. after you complete it you will get access to my contact info , itwill show you my phone number too. you can see my pic there right now. here is the link http://snipurl.com/uiljs after you verify give me a call. so we can talk :)
The link (http://snipurl.com/uiljs) leads to http://www.safedater.org/15/sweetgirl5344 where you are asked to enter your credit card info for 'age verification'. But when you click to process the transaction you get a screen that says your credit card is no good for age verification... an obvious phishing scam. Also, the person's name on the email I got does not match the one on the verification site.
I quickly cancelled my card and will have a new one in a week or so, and have reported this to Craigslist. A followup report will also be submitted to Yahoo.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Age Verification
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I cancelled my service early because the price for satellite service had gone up dramatically. I was always happy with the reception and service but the price became prohibitive. They..."
- "Hello, I wanted to write a quick report on Ryan Maynard and his terrible copied program Online Profits For Newbies which used to be called Online profits For Dummies and he..."
- "Evan Tereszcuk said he was a software broker and promised he could get my small business a very popular internet sweepstakes software. Having worked with him on other software I..."
- "On Dec 28, 2015 after about of month of searching, comparing, and agonizing over cost, my husband and I ordered the Home Decorators Collection Rosengrant in Black Distressed Finish. It..."
- "Dear Sears customer service, I am writing to let you know that we are long standing customers of Sears, and have spent a lot of money with Sears, On Feb 20th..."
- "This is now 3 different companies that are advertising the same clothes from the same country all with different prices. I ordered from dresslily. Pretty jacket, didn't take long to..."
- "I purchased a black cotton button down belted dress not too long ago, washed it and wore it today. I am so very disappointed and quite frankly frustrated because the..."
- "I signed up as a loyal customer with ItWorks in May. Had some great results with the products so I finally jumped on as a distributor. Big mistake. The friend..."
- "Stay Away!!!!! Wish we read these reviews before buying. Started by fitters putting a hammer through the plastic door frame and has gotten worse from there. Fitted front door start..."